Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Introducing 'The Wheat Sack' September 26th 2012

The Wheat Sack, with hand for scale
When I discovered the bag filled with some small beads (?) in the bed at Dhana's house I really wasn't sure what it was. I came to the conclusion it was for doing leg strengthning exercises. NO. It is the 21st Century hot-water-bottle. One just puts it in the microwave for 2 minutes before getting into bed, and it has all the benefits of a hot water bottle, without the risks of waking up to a cold wet puddle at the bottom of the bed. Wheat in cotton. Easy. I'm a convert. Dhana did tell me she accidently set one on fire in the microwave, so I've never heated it for more than two minutes.


About the perils of the World Daffodil Convention

In other news, I bet you didn't know that the World Daffodil Convention is being held here? I didn't either. Plenty of them in bloom, but still a tad cold - with frosts. As far as work goes I hit the wall yesterday. ALL my maps (all NINE of them) were done pre-metric grid. That means that I have to figure out how to superimpose a metric grid on them. Accurately. Ugghh. Knew I should have done more GIS.

No comments: