Sunday, January 27, 2013

Long Overdue ...

Where do I start? For those of you in the Northern Hemisphere I probably shouldn't mention the fact that I am currently seeking shade and coolness. After a weekend in the field (more on that later) I am horribly sunburnt. Even though I slathered the sunscreen on, I somehow got a nasty burn.

First things first. I am now  back in Dunedin until Feb 11th. I have (own) an old car, which I trust will take me up to Christchurch (I start there on the 14th). I have submitted the Eyre Creek manuscript, and am now about to embark on the next lot of manuscripts. I'll try and catch you up on some of my adventures in no particular order.

The Roxburgh Hydro Power Station / Dam. Note road on far side.


En Route to Central Otago (I've done several trips up there now) I usually stop for a break at Roxburgh, and check out the status of the Clutha River. Just out of view to the left, one can actually drive across the top of the dam. No-one policing it. Then down the gravel road you can see on the other side, to a picnic spot. When I took the wrong turn and ended up at the workers entrance, I was welcomed by their safety signs. After counting all my fingers I headed off.






















No comments: