Friday, October 19, 2012

Mailed (via courier) my Ballot - Oct 20th

My US Election Ballot.
Minnesotans: Vote NO in NOvember.
I finally got over to the post office and figured out how to courier my U.S. Election ballot. I am so nervous about it getting lost, misplaced, challenged etc. The only way to mail it so I can track it and make sure it arrives is a special International Courier run by NZ Post. I had to put a value on it. I was tempted to put '3 trillion', but opted for 'priceless' - but was told that it would be returned to me if I did not put an accurate value. She said three trillion was out of the question, and would require insurance, so I opted for $1.00. Ugghh. Well, here is to hoping that both amendments fail, and that Obama is re-elected. It was quite scary mailing it - it should be there within 6 days - and I am tracking it!

In other news, it has been very quiet, even the newspaper has been very run-of-the-mill. Apparently I missed the parade downtown for the opening of the Babywearing Library. People can rent various contraptions for carrying their babies.


Oh, and it turns out that the US Election is on the same day as the Melbourne Cup (which is the Australian equivalent of the Kentucky Derby).

No comments: